An executive sponsor is a senior-level executive appointed to support and champion ERG. They provide strategic advice so an ERG can align their goals with the organizational goals, and they build support for the activities of the network.
An executive sponsor is a key channel for communicating ERG’s mission, goals, and progress to other senior leaders. They can be a catalyst for the growth of your network and a connection to sustained funding, business relevance, and impact.
An executive sponsor can be assigned by management or chosen by the ERG members. Their main responsibilities include:
- Ensuring alignment of goals and direction with an overall business strategy
- Serving as a public advocate and the enabler for the ERG
- Influencing other company leaders to support the goals of the group
- Building connections between ERG and key organizational stakeholders
- Helping ERG obtain the budget and other resources
Leave A Comment